Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Own...My Precious




haha. Did you get that? Uh...that's a Smeagol quote. Gollum to most. Okay, then. I guess I'm not in a Tolkien crowd. That's okay. Papaw will get it. He usually does.

So today was Ian's last Walmart trip for quite a while. It was also one of his last days to sleep in, go out to eat, etc. Because, ladies and gentleman, we are different. This is not always a good thing. But I definitely have more respect for law enforcement, firefighters, doctors, pilots, stormchasers and anyone else who lives according to their radio/pager, etc. I am at the whim of the pager as well, since I stay home and take care of everyone. Our scheduled 'weekends' are now Thursday and Friday. Unless my HC gets to be chief, which he doesn't want, he will probably never get Saturday and Sundays off. This presents a challenge to everyone else that has a normal job that goes from 8-5, M-F. It also presents a challenge when the kids start school.

Because now I have to spin two different plates at the same time. On one hand, we are quiet while my HC is sleeping because he went 4 or 5 hours late on his 3-11 or 6-2am shift. We do our own thing on the weekends because except for church and bank and post office closings, they are like every other day to us.

Now, my life also has to revolve around school drop-offs and pickups and days off. Poor Ian won't get to see Daddy on Daddy's days off, though Daddy will probably have fun picking him up from school. And on Ian's weekends, Daddy will be sleeping or working or getting ready to do one of the previous.

You get it.

Either way, we will adjust to walking to school at 7 something (!!!) in the morning. This means I have to be presentable and able to walk and obey pedestrian traffic signs! And have Ian ready for school and Erin too! Argh! Wait, what time will I have to get up? I guess it's time to figure all that out. Sheesh.

Anyway, Daddy has the first day of school off, so we will all be walking Ian to school with the baby in the stroller.

Then I can just come home and....sit. I know I'll have no trouble getting used to it and I'll have special time with Erin, but still....it's a moment.

2 comments:

Even So... said...

One pair of sweeties to rule them all, one pair to find them, one pair to bring them all, and in their beauty bind them.

MrsEvenSo... said...

Yay! ?? Sniff sniff sniff.

They are very precious aren't they.