Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is it Friday Yet?


Ian was a little more excited about going to school this morning. I guess yesterday was rough on him because it was raining and they couldn't go play on the playground. Evidently the whole class had a hard time with it. He had to change his color a couple of times yesterday, but his teachers assure me that every day is better. They have the equivalent of a stoplight for their behavior, I think. If they're naughty, they change the color to yellow. If they're still naughty they get red and if they're naughty after that, they get a note home. (*"Bad kids have to go to the office," I was informed by a whispering Ian) If they are good all day or redeem themselves from the yellow, they get a sticker on their behavior chart. When the chart is full, they get a little surprise from the treasure chest. I think it will be a while until then. My little guy just has SO much energy.

Erin is teething, along with her cold/allergies. So there's slobber everywhere. She has learned to give kisses (mouth wide open, goober city) and Ian has learned to flee whenever she gets the urge to kiss him. Evidently, the thought of cold slobber oozing from her face to his makes him gag. Who knew he had such a sensitive stomach? (How did he get it?)

We are also in the process of refurbishing Ian's bike. It was a hand-me-down, to see if he would actually ride it. Chris spray painted it black yesterday and now we are looking for a new back tire, a new seat and a bell for the handlebars. I guess if they don't have cars to spruce up, bikes work just as well?

I just want him to have a helmet. Don't get all gaspy on me, no one here wears a helmet, so we will be breaking ground. No one puts their kids in carseats either, but that has never been an option for us. My HC is quite the advocate and writes a lot of car seat tickets.

Today is picture day for school. It took Ian a lot of deliberation to pick out his outfit. They told us to wear bright colors. He ended up wearing a red, white and black little basketball outfit that he got for his birthday last year. We are definitely getting plenty of wear out of these nice clothes! It's great.

Ian is also excited that Daddy doesn't have to work today or tomorrow and then it will be Saturday. He's glad about that. :D And so is Daddy.

Right now my HC is at a mandatory class for the police department, learning about some kind of online report writing that no one is interested in. Overtime is overtime, though.

Erin is up from her nap and shouting her displeasure at being made to wait. Is it just me or has August gone by SO fast??

5 comments:

Rachie Pachie said...

no outside play= bad

Helmut= good

Erin's sweet knee-high socks= awesome

Love the whisper from Ian about bad kids going to the office!! And glad to hear he's not doing bad! LOL

Can't wait to see they layouts you make on scrapblog... I think we can even be friends like a myspace or facebook type of thing! :) They have easy fill templates or you can "start from scratch".

Love ya!

MrsEvenSo... said...

when you wake up in the morning.....it's friday!!!! yay!

love ya lots and lots and lots!!

Anonymous said...

This is your new best friend, (guess who????) I am just checking out the blogs and they are so great, you definitely know how to tell a story...lol Isn' t just to bad that Thursday doesn't come after Saturday....mmmmmm. I love the pictures of the kids also. ;)

Even So... said...

Thursday can come after Saturday, only as long as we still have Sunday in between! Of course, I wish every day was Sunday, and one day it will be...

:-)

Even So... said...

Sorry, I hope I didn't sound all pious or whatever...

;-)