Monday, September 15, 2008

New Bike

Ian's old bike broke. The whole bolt or axle or whatever that held the back wheel and training wheels on was stripped and one training wheel broke completely off right at the stripped bolt. JB Weld miraculously held it together for a day, but it broke on the way home from school. Thankfully it was Friday. Over the weekend, my wonderful HC made some comments and some inquiries and we were very blessed with someone whose boy didn't ride bikes much and had outgrown/abandoned his old bike and did we want to buy it? Yay!! It's a nice bike, as you'll see and needed some pumping and polishing and a lot of WD-40. I had no idea of this transaction as it was done after bedtime last night. I awoke this morning to Ian lying on the couch wrapped in a blanket (it was 51 last night! Brr! Yay! Fall (no, it was Ike)!). "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I'm watching my NEW Bike," he answered smiling. I turned to go and change Erin's morning diaper. "No, your new bike will come at Christmastime if you're a good boy," I said back to him, wondering if he was fully awake or still in some really great dream. "Mommy," he said, following me to the changing table, "I ride my NEW Bike today?" "Ian, your bike is broken, we don't have your new bike yet." After a few more exchanges of this nature, he grabbed my hand. "Mommy," he said pityingly, "you come see my new bike, ok?" I let him lead me into the living room and there, against the kitchen/carport door was a bike. My eyes came close to bugging out. "Wow!" I said. "So, can I ride my NEW Bike to school?"


After some minor tweaking today After school, I got it to where the back wheel actually touches the ground all the time instead of most of the time and now we're in business. On a Big Boy Bike. Wow.




3 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

That's a really cool big boy bike! :O WOW!
Boy Mommy you sure can be out of it sometimes huh.
Laura and Jackie came over for dinner tonight and I showed them the video of Ian doing tricks on his NEW bike that evidently is sort of invisible for Mommy early in the morning. :D Love ya!

MrsEvenSo... said...

Picture #1 "Me and my new bike are so cool."
Picture #2 "I got a wedgie."
Picture #3 "Somebody needs to make my car go."

The video is priceless. Trick #1 oops, the fence got in my way! Erin is like, hey, put the camera down and come push me!
Trick #2 Pop a wheelie oops let's go this way.
Really cool outfit too.

T said...

I love reading your blog! It makes you guys seem a little closer.
The pictures are fantastic and the videos are a definate bonus :-)