Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Don't Wanna Go To School Today!"

Today was the first time I heard this momentous phrase. And I'm positive that it won't be the last. But we got tears dried and the nose wiped and plopped him on his bike for the ride to school anyway. He didn't want to get up this morning and he didn't want to wear those pants and he didn't like those shoes and he wanted fruit snacks for First Breakfast. And when I said no to the fruit snacks, that's when the outburst occurred.
I didn't want to get up either. I don't think anyone did because it's all cloudy outside. We are supposed to be getting rain for the next 4 or 5 days. And hello Ike.
On a happier note, a week or two ago (I have no clue as to the passage of time due to recent illness and many sleepless nights) we went to the grand opening of the town's new ambulance building (it was privately owned, but the town decided that it needed its own ambulance, so they bought it). We went to it and got a tour of everything and got to see the inside of the ambulance.



I think Ian was expecting to see blood or something because he spent a long time in there and then he asked if he could drive it. But he couldn't find anyone that would give him the keys....



Afterwards, we didn't feel like going home yet because it had turned into a nice day, so we went for a drive. And we ended up here:


Ian really had fun and didn't want to leave. We threw a whole bunch of rocks in and put leaves on one side and ran to the other side of the little bridge and waited to see the leaves come through. It was fun.



Erin and I took a more spectator-like approach, though we did get to splash some. I tried to stand on a rock in the middle while I was holding her, but it turned out to be deceiving and unstable and we almost fell in. I got my shoe wet in any case.



Now we have decided that we need to find a stream and camp out beside it. We have talked about going camping in the fall (hello? is it fall yet?) when it gets cooler, using one of my HC's sick days. But it gets trickier and trickier when you add in school days and days off and then the weather.
But we'll see. I'm sure that Ian wouldn't mind taking a day off of school to sleep outside and play in a stream. Nope, I don't think he'd mind it at all.

1 comment:

MrsEvenSo... said...

I'm with you Ian! I didn't want to go to work today either. Sometimes it stinks when we have to do things we don't want to do but it teaches us important lessons because there will always be things that need to be done that no one "wants" to do but are necessary and bring glory to God. ...like cleaning up poo and barf and such. ewwww