Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Country Boy


Today was a pretty good day. I got a pretty neat new haircut that will require a flat iron (another reason why more accidents happen in the bathroom). I was told that I look 5 years younger, which is a pretty big deal if you are still under 30. So I got a demonstration from my new hair stylist (Gwenda, God bless you) and I now know how to duplicate it. It's pretty easy too, even for a lazy hair person like me. Ian likes it, anyway. He's been telling me I need a haircut for a week or so. My HC is just happy that I didn't get bangs. The things you never knew... We went to Ian's class program and it was so cute. All the kids were decked out in their cowboy/girl finest. There were plenty of doting parents and big bottoms blocking cameras. Erin was fussy the entire time since it was a special occasion and couldn't be persuaded to nap. She got quieter when the program started. Talk about excess cuteness! The principal started it off, telling us to take plenty of pictures because after we blinked a couple of times, the kids would be walking across the same stage to get their high school diploma. There were a lot of tissues at this point. After all the singing, they did awards. Ian got the "Brightest Smile" award. Naturally, my HC thought he should have gotten something more along the lines of "Gifted Genius" but I explained to him that they didn't want the other kids to feel inferior [wink, wink]. The last thing was the slide show. Every child's baby, toddler and now pictures were shown. We went to the cafeteria for refreshments, but the line was all the way through the cafeteria, around and out the door, so we decided to say our goodbyes and head to "McSongit" as Ian calls it. Of course, they only wanted the apple juice slushes, but at least my HC and I got the leftovers (woo hoo!)


5 comments:

Even So... said...

Although that post and video was in the extreme cute category, after the weekend your mother and I had climbing a mountain, "Happy Trails" is not on our prefered song list!

;-)

Even So... said...

ahem, preferred..anyways, nice new do...

T said...

I like the hair!
Glad the camera worked...that is a great rendition of the song :-)

MrsEvenSo... said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! I'm beaming from ear to ear and that's just from the video, just think if I had been there in person. Too cute!

Love the do too!

lisalynn said...

aww soo cute...love the new haircut so cute