Monday, October 6, 2008

Rainy days

Not only was today Monday, but it was a rainy Monday. That means the children will be sleepy, the parents will be sleepy, nothing will get done and you will eat too much junk food to keep from being sleepy. And then you'll take a nap. But the kids won't and then you'll be grouchy.
Anyway, Erin didn't nap well because she has now discovered her favorite junk food: homemade peanut butter cookies. And then some Chex mix. I need not have worried about it going to waste. It's gone. The kids have suddenly discovered that they are ravenous for it and polished the last of it off this afternoon and then wanted more. To my innovative commenters, I've never heard of the Puppy Chow, but I've done the Muddy Buddies (with peanut butter + chocolate + powdered sugar) with great success. Mostly they just make a powdery mess, but they've never gone to waste.
I don't think the peanut butter cookies will survive until tomorrow. My HC has already filled a giant bowl with some and toted them off to work with him. He was very glad that I made them while HE was napping this afternoon. :|




All Erin wanted was the beaters. Both of them...

When Ian got home, he saw the camera on the counter and wanted to take pictures. I thought for a second. Then shrugged and said okay. It's not like he'd be wasting film. I reminded him how it worked and let him click away. Here's a sample...





*Just to be truthful, there were several that were deleted, since they focused on body parts that should not be showcased on a public blog.
Then Ian got tired of portraits and decided to get a little more artistic. These are a few identifiable expressions.





If anyone needs a label, they are: a couch pillow, Buzz Lightyear on TV, the ceiling fan, couch pillow adjacent to my purse, a 'V' magnet on the fridge.
A few more that Ian insists be added, since he's over my shoulder right now:




These are: supper on the stove, the fridge and a dishtowel on the chair (I made the mistake of mentioning me and Erin, but I was corrected).
And we couldn't conclude our first showing without a few pictures of the artist himself.




Please, ladies and gentlemen, cash only. Ian's piggy bank doesn't take checks. :)

7 comments:

Even So... said...

Wonderful as always...

MrsEvenSo... said...

A flare for the dramatic....a combination of mom AND dad....oh my.

T said...

A regular Ansel Adams in the making! Perhaps he will remember us when he is famous :-)

MrsEvenSo... said...

I absolutely love the first picture of Erin intensely cleaning the beater.

MrsEvenSo... said...

The last picture .... Ian's got the moves!!! Is he break dancing or being scary??? :P

MrsEvenSo... said...

As you can tell I love returning to enjoy looking at my grandchildren (and their parents too, of course!) :D

Rachie Pachie said...

Love all the pictures & I think the pictures from Ian are awesome. It's really cool to see things from HIS perspective. These will definitely be neat years from now. You should let him take pics like once/week for a while... then put them in a photobook! What a cool progression.

Mandi... Less than 7 weeks until we start IVF. Can you believe it?! I'm so excited about our 1st REAL chance at getting pregnant. I'm even checking out baby furniture... I know, I know... I shouldn't, but I can't help being so hopeful! :)