Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Buggy New Year



The first day of 2008 will forever be remembered as B-Day. Bug Bomb Day. Our resolution is to be a flea-free house with a flea-free Buddy (yeah, right, but we are eternally optimistic). After several failed attempts at flea eradication and being heartily sick of smushing the nasty little things, Buddy has been banned from the main part of the house and we are enjoying (Revelling in) being able to walk through the house shoeless without spraying ourselves down with Off Skintastic. Needless to say I enjoy not smelling pine fresh. I also enjoy not hearing Ian say "Itchy Mommy. I godda fee [Translation for those who don't speak Ianese: I've got a flea]."
And now we can return to the alternatve of putting the baby on the floor to play and resume locomotion lessons (chapter 2 in the book "How to be a Biped"). Which has inevitably heralded the return of the 'Crawling Is Fun' Winnie the Pooh, who simpers that and other choice phrases while he crawls across the room, sending Ian barrelling at me to hide behind my legs and peer at it from the safety of my knees. He never has liked that toy.
Ever since the batteries went on it and it started warbling in a deep slow-motion voice, Ian has not trusted poor Pooh.
Erin is happily ignorant of Pooh's Hyde character and enjoys him now and then. She probably would enjoy him more without Ian's theatrics.
Last night, on NY's Eve, I went to a dear friend's house, our friend Brian's mother. The kids love her, since she has a recliner, willing arms, and two huge buckets of toys. I love her because she is amazing and it would be a neat thing to pick up a trick or ten from her in the kitchen. We like to watch the Hallmark channel (she has satellite and we have one channel, PBS) and HDTV for the home renovation shows. Anyway, I brought over boiled peanuts that we had frozen from our Thanksgiving trip to FL. No one from around here has heard of boiled peanuts. The general consensus seems to be "Who in tarnation would want to eat a soggy peanut?" Well, everyone tried them, but my friend Donna was the only one who ate more than one. She says it tastes like a bean and it's not bad. So ha! Soggy indeed! :)
Happy New Year. This year I will try more new things, like oven cleaning and fan dusting. :)

2 comments:

Rachie Pachie said...

Bug-Bombing Day!? Hopefully it won't become an annual thing! LOL! I heard from a friend another way to rid the houses of fleas, but since you've already done it... guess it won't help! :) Have a wonderful day!

MrsEvenSo... said...

These are really great pictures of my babies! Awe...