Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Latest

Well, for those of you who are wondering how different the kids look from a couple of weeks ago, or more, when we were in FL, Erin is changing almost daily. There's the wild hair, then there's the new teeth, and the fact that she is never in one position for long because she is a miniature Speedy Gonzalez on all fours without the little crowd yelling "Holy Frijoles!" Except I may say that from time to time when I can't find her.


We were driving to Springdale, looking for a bed for Ian at furniture outlets in the hope of finding something better than Wal-Mart and couldn't find anything for less than $500. They offered financing, but we didn't think it was a smart thing to do on your preschooler's first twin bed. I'd rather save financing for something as important as, say, a car or a house. Anyway, we passed this strange looking place with a nondescript name and decided to stop and see what they had. It was a pretty neat place. Ian was so fascinated with the front door that he didn't even want to go inside. Once inside, he loved the miniature town, complete with storefronts that are displayed in the back, along with one of those open topped 2 seater airplanes suspended from the ceiling. But we didn't get pictures of those. We just got pictures of Ian sitting on the giant chair, which he would like for his birthday by the way, so he can put it in his room. (?)


The pictures of Erin were taken earlier today. This is the only time in the day that she was able to stay relatively still, except for when she was sleeping. The hair clip disappeared sometime during supper. We don't know why.


We also don't know why there was half of a hot dog bun saturated with Thomas the Tank Engine bubbles and floating around in the tub. Ian thought it was poop and started to gag. I managed to get most of it out. I encouraged him to breathe and he gradually turned to a lighter shade of horrified magenta. Even when I told him it was gone, he didn't believe me. He swished all the bubbles to the other end of the tub so he could see exactly the kind of bath water he was sitting in. About 3 seconds later, he was 'all done' with bathtime and skedaddled out of there, though he was brave enough to stick his hand back in to pull the drain plug. :)


I was on the phone with my mom at the time. You don't often get the opportunity to laugh like that much unless you are around small children.


By the way, my Mom was not upset, but much amused by yesterday's post and has threatened to post some of her own, ahem, interesting pictures of me and others. Cackle cackle, DO YOUR WORST! I promise to share if she does. :)

2 comments:

Even So... said...

I loved those pictures! I mean the ones from this post...Your mother is plotting, planning, etc....

Your not kidding, btw, Erin looks different, love the wave, I didn't think it possible for her to be any more cute, but I was wrong...what a doll!

MrsEvenSo... said...

My grandchildren are so adorable! They take after me of course. I am so humble after all. ahem...
Anyway, truly enjoyed the laugh last night. I would love to visit the "town" inside the store. It sounds really neat. And I agree with Ian, it would be totally cool to have a chair like that in my room, however I probably need a bigger room in order for it to fit!