Monday, February 4, 2008

Nosebleed Nougats and other Monday Tidbits

Somewhere in Harry Potter are twin brothers that invent joke candies meant to get you out of school for the day. In this, you take the candy that gets you out of school (there are different ones for nosebleeds, vomiting, boils, fevers, etc) and when you get out to freedom, you take the one that makes your symptoms stop and then enjoy your day. Well someone slipped a Nosebleed Nougat into my grits this morning and forgot to give me the cure pill. I am still trying to stop the sluggish flow (about 10minutes ago it was not so sluggish). We have concluded that due to the natural course of events, or just because, that the cold washcloth to the nose/lean back in the chair method worked. On a happier note, I only got one blob on my shirt, so it should be easy to clean.


side note: at this very moment, Ian is lolling about on the living room carpet moaning, "No! Mommy no computer now!" Of course, it has been proven that as soon as I get off the computer he will sit in the computer chair and demand to play pbskids.


But it is a beautiful balmy day outside, supposedly in the 70s and the sun has appeared intermittently. This is a big deal because it does not always come out; sometimes it doesn't appear at all. Very gloomy. Eeyore days.


But the dogs are snoozing in the grass, all sprawled out, all the curtains are open to let the cheerful sunshine in and my little boy does not want to go outside because it's not wet and muddy out. Does anyone truly understand males??


Erin is sleeping in her swing and I wouldn't mind stretching out on the couch, since my nosebleed is mostly over.


We had a great Superbowl yesterday. Mostly we just cleaned and hung out and fried up some chicken wings (mm!). Then we watched Click and cried a bit. Well, I cried a bit and rocked Erin. Chris just gawked at the screen and Brian rolled around on the floor a lot and laughed uproariously. When the movie was over, Chris and I took turns hugging and kissing the kids and vowing not to spend so much time on the computer and reading books and spending more time with the kids. And I have spent a lot of time with Ian this morning, but what am I supposed to do while he is playing race car video games? So I got on the computer when my nosebleed was done, which incidentally was the only thing that has managed to distract Ian from video games so far. He doesn't play all that much, mind you, but is always begging to do so. And now he is playing trains. He will soon smash them all up and then ask me to build track with him. Such is life.


Chris had court today and called me in the middle of said nosebleed to confer about best solutions to stop it. His didn't work, but made me feel like the blood would come pulsing out of my eyeballs. But enough about that, the faint of heart are starting to get queasy, I can tell.


Other than all that nonsense, moving plans are well underway. There is someone interested in our house, but needs a co-signer, so I'm not holding my breath. But our forms and job transfer stuff is well underway and about to be notarized as soon as Chris can get over there during banking hours.


Well, after a lengthy discussion with Ian, he has decided that he would either go to Harp's and get a chocolate milk or go to the park. After, of course, we check the mail and go to the library to get another Tom and Jerry movie, specifically, one about Christmas.


Erin does not care, as long as someone gets her out of the swing, as she is finished with her morning nap. And it's even better if we take a jar of baby food with us to the park.


So off we go!

As a side note, the picture is from Chris's and my first anniversary, another balmy spring day. We went to Homosassa Springs State Park and felt very lost without baby Ian. I wish my bosoms still fit in that black shirt, but alas they do not.

1 comment:

Rachie Pachie said...

Sorry to hear about the nosebleed! I haven't had one in a long time, so it would probably cause a moment of freak-out! :) Glad to hear it's getting better.

WooHoo about the moving plans. Glad to hear you may have a buyer... that would be so nice!

Hope you're having a nice time at the park! It turned out to be such a gorgeous day here. Stinks to be on the phones ALL day long!

Have a superb day!