Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Little Monkeys

Two little monkeys like to jump on my bed. Today (albeit at school), one fell down and bumped his head. "On the hallway," he told us when we picked him up from school. But with all head wounds, they call parents, so I was alarmed to get the call that he had fallen and hit his head. There was no blood, just a red mark and the crying had stopped. He wanted to go back to class (though he might not have been so quick to say that had he known that it was naptime). Did I want to come get him or send him back to class? It was only an hour until pick-up time. I told them to send him back to class.
Then when we picked him up, we saw it. It was not quite the little red bump that I had imagined. Sheesh!




When we got home, he was immediately coddled, kissed and plied with chocolate pudding, which is what is all over his mouth. As Papaw would concur, chocolate pudding can do wonders, especially for bumped heads. It's a bonus if you get to lick the pudding lid.

Meanwhile, Monkey #2 would not be happy until she was lounging about watching 'Neequa. Her favorite Backyardigan is the pink one with pink polka dots and her name is Uniqua. With Ian it was Veggie Tales. With Erin it is always Backyardigans. Sigh. It could be so much worse, I know! It could be something completely obnoxious. So I am reduced to singing "Mystery Lifeguard" to the tune of "Guantanamera" and about Pizza Delivery in Ancient Mexico to the tune of "Bicycle Built for Two".



The last of the teeth are coming in. It's canines now. Yay! Until they arrive, she is chewing on her hands, her sleeves, biting people. (She said her first sentence. "I bite you," and accompanied it with a chunk taken out of my shoulder...)
Not hard, just enough to make you jump and eyeball her little sharp teeth.

Ian got a new Leapster game, the Kindergarten one, so he has been engrossed in it (yay! points for me; I got him a game that he actually likes...it's harder than you may think).

Today has been a long eventful day and Erin's next dr appt is at 7:30am tomorrow morning! We'll see how that goes.

5 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

My poor little munchkin! I am so glad you explained the pudding on his mouth because it does look like a busted lip to go along with the mound on the noggin. :O
His expression matches the bump. How did he do last night? Did he sleep well?
Hope Erin's check up goes well today.
All right monkeys.....NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!! or falling down and going boom anywhere okay?

Rachie Pachie said...

Awww, that bump looks horrible! Glad to find out that the mouth "booboo" is actually pudding! :) I thought he may have busted up his lip, too!

Sweet picture of Erin w/ the chewing & like "Mooo--om, I'm trying to like watch my show... I bite you..." LOL. Super cute. I just adore those curls & that beautiful color!!

Put a couple of belly pics up. Can't wait until I'm actually sporting a baby bump! :)

MrsEvenSo... said...

I think punkin was caught in the act of doing the booty dance to Backyardigans. :D

T said...

I was distracted by the pudding as well....glad you put explanations with the pics lol.

Just another day in parenhood. :-)

Even So... said...

Pudding...

'nuff said.