Thursday, August 6, 2009

Job, School and Grandparents!

To be short, since I'm sitting in the library and my hoodlums are being hoodlums, my HC started his new job, which has so many initials, I'll just keep him as my HC. This was his first week and he's been busy, but he really likes it. I think he likes eating lunch out even more, since he can eat whatever he wants without the guilt of our munchkins and their food allergies. He had pizza. Twice. sniff sniff. I think I've forgotten the taste of cheese. sigh.
So that is going wonderfully. Still no bites on the house, which makes my HC's commute rather miserable. And school is starting next week. We were hoping to have been moved before school started, but you do what you've got to do. Ian is excited about his new teacher, since we know her from church (it's his Sunday school teacher) and he's got some friends in his class, so that's even better.
And Gramma and Papaw are coming to visit! That's the best! They'll be here for his Meet the Teacher and for his first few days of school, so we are all excited about that. And there is the promise of Red Lobster. Mmmm...
And did I mention that my birthday is Sunday? August is turning out to be a pretty spanking good month. Now if we can just hold out until payday. Transitioning to one payday a month stinks, but we'll get used to it. :)
And my bestest college friend, Rachel is due for her first baby in the next couple of weeks. So August is good for more than just me. So if you're eating a pizza or a really good mouthful of cheese, think of me and enjoy a little more. And if you see a little bundle of joy at church or the grocery store, think of little Elias and how eager we all are to see him when he manages to come out into the world.

4 comments:

Even So... said...

Yay!

MrsEvenSo... said...

Double Yay!

lisalynn said...

wow, well happy birthday.....i hope you have fun,...only one paycheck a month...ouch will def. take some getting used to lol...as for you not remembering cheese lol i'll be in the same boat here soon my doc has put me on a low carb diet because my triglycerides are high and my blood pressure was as well, now i feel old cause they also have me on blood pressure meds >_< and people keep teling me "your way too young for that" so i guess its just an old thing? anyhow im glad to hear all is going well and that he likes his new job, and i can't even imagine my little ones first day of school :*(

Even So... said...

I just posted a couple of pictures from the trip over at my blog...