Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hot and Sluggish


July has been punctuated with periods of extreme heat and mountains of garden vegetables. I think the neighbors are starting to hide when they see me trek down the road with shopping bags full of my vegetable offerings. There's only so much that my little freezer can hold and I ran out of canning jars. Sigh.
We are having a heat advisory until Tuesday. The heat index will be up to 110 until then and it is Nasty out. We have been trying to get outside earlier, but still end up with sweaty red cheeks after 20 minutes. And that is including staying in the shade with a popsicle.
Mimi and Grampa (my grandparents) came to visit with their friends, Bill and Shirley. They got here last Wednesday and they continued their trip after touring the Oklahoma Aquarium with us last Friday.
We had great fun. I have some pics, but I need my HC to fiddle with the camera and download them for me, since our computer had some kind of brain aneurysm and is malfunctioning every 16 minutes or so.
Can't believe that the kids birthdays are in 10 days! Ian revises his birthday list often, but only to rearrange the order that he wants his Hot Wheels ramps to go in. He got one from Mimi and Grampa for his early birthday present and he's been putting them together every day and getting them just right.
Praise God for Netflix too, because when you are forced inside to sit in front of the AC and move as little as possible, it is best to do it while watching a movie. And since my Pride and Prejudice allowance has been used up until at least October, there is precious little for my HC and I to agree upon. Well, we did start Lord of the Rings again, but then we got our Netflix delivered and that got put on the back burner.
Wish I could post some new pics. These are a couple years old; electronics and I are not getting along this month!
But I will end by saying that I am hoping that we have some very, very good news to share tomorrow.

3 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

Yay! Stay inside and cool and overload on popsicles and pool time early in the morning. :D Can't wait to see current pictures.

Even So... said...

me too!

Rachie Pachie said...

Love the post! Looking forward to seeing pics from the aquarium. And, if you lived close enough to walk to our house with produce, well, we'd be THRILLED! Nick's little garden has not done so well, but he's gotten lots of snake beans. Seems like so much work to get enough to make it worth it! You'll have to give us a gardening 101 blog next year! :)

Hope you are staying cool today & enjoying the Netflix. Nick got his documentary for like 2wks & finally watched it last night on the drive back from Clwtr, so we mailed it this morning to get my Rikki Lake birthing documentary. I'm really excited about watching it! :)

Hope you're doing well! Thinking about you often!