Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nice Cold Air


Finally (!!), my HC deemed it hot enough outside to put in the ACs in the kids' rooms. Woo hoo! Erin was very happy about this, since she's the one that has been sweating through her naps and waking up wet and red-faced. Ian has been sleeping in his underoos and finds it very inconvenient now that he actually has to wear pjs. Both were bundled up under their blankets last night. We also put the pool up yesterday, since Ian's been asking since February. It all started with a puddle. I had emptied out the dogs' water bucket and it made a puddle. Erin made a beeline and plopped right down next to it. She played happily until Ian found it and entered feet first. Mud was everywhere! Of course, they were both thrilled and played like the little piglets they are for a good hour. Thus the pictures. :)
While they did that, I was looking for the sprinkler in the shed. I didn't find it, but my HC decided that it was time to get the pool out. Yay!
Of course the water was still way too cold today, but Ian got in anyway. He gasped and chattered and insisted that it wasn't too cold to swim. After a bit, the wind started blowing and he came inside so he could be bundled up into his comforter and play some video games. (the ac in his room was on and it was cold to him...sheesh)
Meanwhile, our new fun thing is signing up for Netflix. We have a good ole video/tanning place in our wee town. The proprietors are very nice people, but they have the monopoly. You get movies until 5pm the next day and pay $3. The really old ones are $1 and they let us have the kiddie ones for 5 days. After a good salespitch from my mom, who does hers and my grandparents' Netflix accounts, we decided to take the plunge. Of course, this lead to quite a bit of time picking movies out for our queue. Isn't it ironic that after all that time, 3/4 of our picks are kid's movies? Hm. We just like to say that the ones we want to watch aren't on dvd yet. Yeah, that's right. We didn't REALLY want to watch Madagascar 2 or Bedtime Stories. Nah.
With great reluctance, my HC headed back to work for another week of fun on the river. The kids and I are trying to remember what day it is here at home. I am trying to remember the right way to load the dishwasher since it is my least favorite chore and I have short-term memory loss when it comes to that sort of thing.
The sad thing is that you can't do quite the same thing with laundry. If you run out of plates or glasses, there are always the paper ones to fall back on.
Not so with underwear. Pity.

4 comments:

Even So... said...

Cute pictures...paper underwear? Serves as its own tp, I guess...just roll it up, and away it goes...

Even So... said...

hmmm...wait a second...I guess I could have really used some of that these last couple of days...

...as to the "tmi", you are welcome...

MrsEvenSo... said...

Ahhh, just keep reminding yourself of the days before the dishwasher.....that should do the trick!
They do have paper underwear by the way, but who wants to wear them? !
Cute piglets, I can almost hear them squealing. :P

Rachie Pachie said...

Dude... you can ALWAYS go commando!

We don't even have a dishwasher, so I'm sure I'd have to "remember" how to use one, too! LOL

Love the muddy puddle pictures, those babies are *too* cute!

We love netflix, too. I reminded Nick that he could log on & pick some for our queue when he complained that all the movies we got we MY picks... then I "slightly" regretted that as he added like 30+ documentaries in our queue. So, I had to edit & alternate them. :) Wish we had a good enough connection to also get the instant movies. We still have the AT&T aircard. Maybe this summer...