Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blah-Choo

Well, after getting everyone else mostly recovered, it's my turn to sneeze, wheeze, drip and spin. Well, my head is spinning, figuratively. And due to some kind of insanity, there's no school tomorrow! Monday is supposed to be some kind of Teacher Work Day. So school starts back on Tuesday instead.
Then it's January as usual. MLK Jr Day is not a school holiday here. I don't know why. There are one or two African Americans in our entire county. That probably has something to do with it. But the sad, and sometimes amusing, truth is that I live in one of those areas (the misled majority is Democrat) that did not vote for Obama because "he is a Black Muslim." I heard that 6% of Texas holds that belief as well.
Anyway, if I don't seem very cohesive, it's because my brain is stuffy, along with my sinuses and nose. So I got Ian ready for church this morning, called one of his friends and arranged for him to be picked up and transported to church, and woke my HC up. Then I went to bed. When I woke up, it was after 2. Erin had already napped and gotten up. Ian had been home and gone again, to his friend's house to play with his new Power Wheels Gator and freeze outside. My HC had stuffed Erin with every kind of goody he could think of to buy her silence and happiness. How did I know? Follow the trail of crumbs, the caches of half-eaten Cheez-Its and gooey bits of fruit snacks. Of course after he went to work, I had to deal with the gastrointestinal distress that comes from having way too much junk food.
She had yogurt for supper.
I made myself some Potato Cheese soup, a comfort food for me, since no one else in my house will eat any kind of soup. I had a small bowl and realized that I wasn't hungry. If only we felt that way every day, the world would be a size 6. Until then, I have to find a Tupperware for my leftovers. I don't think there is one. We have melted a lot of Tupperware in the dishwasher. When they say "top rack only" they mean it!
I hope everyone, including me, has a good Monday. And I really hope I feel better tomorrow, because no one has any clean underwear left. It's Mommy's fault because she took a sick day.

2 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

Poor mommy. No I really mean it. Kudo's to Chris for taking care of the punkins so you could get some much needed rest. Even if he had to cheat a little with the junk food. It worked and hopefully wasn't harmful to the little engine that will find a way! :D Wish there was a way to get you some of Granma's healing chicken soup. Our love to all!

Rachie Pachie said...

Hmm... isn't Ian old enough to clean his own undies? LOL At least HC is... ;)

I sure hope you are feeling better today already. If we were any closer, I'd have been right there slurping down that soup with you... I'm literally salivating thinking of potato cheese soup. Mmm. I have to wait until 8:30 to eat the (slow-cooker, wonderfully smelling, pot roast) dinner... Nick won't get back until then. And, it seems like everything I eat either makes me nauseaus (but no vomiting yet!) or ends up giving me those horrid stomach contractions & running to the bathroom. Fried food is stil not my friend... I think I will have to cut that out now.

I miss ya girl. I wish we could be around each other & you could give me all your preggo advice & hilarious stories. Somehow, I'll make it through. I know I'm not supposed to have as much sugar, but I am trying to guzzle the decaf sweet tea.

Glad you got to sleep in yesterday, although the dealing with Erin afterwards sounds upsetting.