Sunday, December 14, 2008

December Madness



If it's not one thing, it's 238 things. And they all happen in one week. First was the awards banquet/dinner thing for the town. My HC was on duty, but we went anyway. It's the first time I've been to a dinner that did not serve meat. They did put little chunks of turkey in the stuffing, but if you don't like stuffing, you were left with instant mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and rolls. But at least there was tea, even if you did have to add the pink stuff.

Then it was homework, housework and making cookies for the children's church dress rehearsal/Christmas party that lasted during church and stretched to about 2:15 today. My cookie total? 16 dozen sugar cookies, complete with frosting, sprinkles and green and red sugar crystals. I had to make my own frosting for the last 2 dozen, so it wasn't as good, but I got some satisfied eaters today and a couple that asked for some to take home. Huzzah! And I still got some to take home with Me, so everyone is happy.

Is that it? Um, just try making cookies and decorating them with certain niblets hanging on to your legs/ankles.

And I've been completely busy thinking of/talking about/praying for Rachel, who is on bed rest to ensure the safe planting of those 3 little miracle embryos. Everyone please pray!

And I was sort of busy trying to get Erin's hair into pigtails. And I succeeded, but they didn't last long.







We also found time to do a couple more things. Though not in that order.
My HC tried a self-portrait. He still looks grouchy, but isn't he cute??














The next is a picture of some exhausted person that has been up since the crack of dawn chasing grouchy children and making scores and scads of cookies. The whole time, she is thinking that when she delivers the cookies, the chairwoman will say, "Oh, I'm sorry, there was a mix up and so-and-so brought chocolate donuts."













The next picture is of a little imp that was caught in Ian's room. She didn't think that she really needed to leave. Ian will never miss the brown crayon. And it tasted so good. It also leaves no evidence: the perfect crime!















Ian and Buddy valiantly chased off a cat. A few times. Aren't they formidable?















And we finally hung the stockings next to our old gas exhaust pipe. We had to leave it up or we wouldn't have a 'chimney.' Get it? The two little ones are Buddy's and Berry's. If they are good dogs they will get a bone. So far Berry's will be a bone of coal. He chewed up our borrowed water hose and he is in biiiig trouble.

3 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

You made me tired! The pictures are great as always. I sure do miss my babies. :( sniff sniff

Even So... said...

.......

T said...

It is a true miracle to get Aaron to smile for a picture.

Way to make it throught hte marathon there... really is it safe for anyone to make that many cookies? Doesnt the sugar seep through your skin or something...lol.